After much internal debate, I decided that redesigning my adapter plate would be the best move. I updated the drawing and sent it off to be milled. It just arrived, and I’m happy to say that I’m it fits well thus far! I still need to do some work, but it is leagues better than the old one. This adapter will provide better support and alignment for all of the components, which I decided were necessary based on both feedback I’ve received on the design and on my own testing. Check out the slideshow below with my comments so that you can see what changed. As a reminder, I have not yet pressed in the alignment dowels and put it on the motor, although it uses the exact same face as the plate I am using right now, and it should fit. If you decide to get one milled, you do so at your own risk.
CAD Drawing and Specs
If you want to forge ahead and try it yourself, you can find the drawing here: Updated Adapter Plate. It is absolutely free for you to use however you please.
Keep in mind that this plate is for the EM57 motor, and not the EM61. If you give it a try, please leave a comment. Thanks!
|Bearing||ER209-45, 80mm OD, 45mm ID, set screws|
|Canada EV to Adapter Bolts||3/8-16, must be tapped, set of four|
|Adapter Plate to Motor||M10 bolts, various lengths|
|Total depth (excluding locating ring)||40mm|